- Jun 29, 2019
With the right approach, this could be your 'set it and forget it' ad running 24/7 for 365 days, making some serious $$$► How to target Birthdays (targeting options on Facebook)Demographics > Life Events > Birthday > Upcoming BirthdayUpcoming birthdayDemographics > Life Events > Birthday > Birthday MonthBirthday in JanuaryBirthday in FebruaryBirthday in MarchBirthday in AprilBirthday in MayBirthday in JuneBirthday in JulyBirthday in AugustBirthday in SeptemberBirthday in OctoberBirthday in NovemberBirthday in DecemberDemographics > Life Events > Friends ofClose Friends of Women with a Birthday in 0-7 daysClose Friends of Women with a Birthday in 7-30 daysClose Friends of Men with a Birthday in 0-7 daysClose Friends of Men with a Birthday in 7-30 daysClose friends of people with birthdays in a monthClose friends of people with birthdays in a weekI will talk about two methods I have experience with - Birthday campaigns for e-commerce, and how I helped set up a campaign for a restaurant.Method #1 - For eCommerce Offers:
Show them how powerful this can be by offering them 7-day free trial where they only pay for ads once they get a few people that will be a no brainer for them.Offers:
You are targeting known active users that are eating/drinking at a competitor. It's an engaged audience that will more likely be interested in your offer.This could result in a very small audience, and FB won't be able to give you any reach. If you are from a small city/town target broader.Facebook ads for micro-targeting:
- A gift worth $$.
- Mystery bag worth $$ - this works amazingly in any woman niche. Combine several low-cost products with high perceived value. You can easily find a few products that will cost you $5, and be worth $20.
- Free shipping.
- Reactivate buyers.
- Retarget website visitors who have a birthday this month.
- Acquire new customers.
- Acquire new customers by targeting those who have friends with upcoming birthdays.
- Your niche audience ('I love Pitbulls',...),
- Create 1% lookalike audiences from your buyers, ATC, newsletter, ...
- You can create an ad where they have to leave a comment, connect that ad to your messenger bot, and follow up. Ask a question easy to answer.
- Retarget visitors of birthday landing page with a discount to maximize the profits.
- 'You eat for free' (worth $20).
- Free drinks for $10-20.
- Target the location with video ads > You are building an audience for several competitors.
- Combine all the audiences you are gathering into one ad set and retarget them with birthday offer. Retarget anyone who watched 5s video.